The growth of triathlon has led to an abundance of training programs for the amateur athlete, but group training options are few and far between for top athletes. This is where the concept of the Well-Fit Elite program was born.
Sharone Aharon, an internationally-known coach of world-class triathletes and the founder of Well-Fit Triathlon and Training, serves as head coach of the Well-Fit Elite and Elite Development Program. Coach Sharone recently served as an assistant coach with the USA Triathlon National team, where he experienced the value of the team concept first hand.
The Well-Fit Elite team is now accepting applications for membership on Chicago area’s best elite multi-sport training program. If you are a high-performing athlete looking to train with other advanced level athletes to help you break through plateaus and improve your race results, then the Well-Fit Elite Program is for you. The team will train together from February through September 2017 with regular weekly swim, bike, and run workouts.
- Help out in two Well-Fit events (group program training session as a coach, expo, course ride, or race support tent)
- Successfully integrate high performance training into the busy lives of age-group triathletes with full-time jobs and family commitments
- Have fun
The team is coached by Sharone Aharon, USAT Level III Elite triathlon coach, whose experience and coaching approach are key components of the team’s success. The other key factor in the team’s success is the group practice format in which high level athletes train together and elevate the performance of the entire team. The team is looking for several new triathletes for the 2017 season, both men and women, within the age range of late teens to late 40s. While past race results are an important part of the selection process for membership, development potential, enthusiasm, dedication to the sport, and attendance at team workouts are other key factors.
Athletes who are currently being coached or are members of another triathlon club are encouraged to apply for the program. Coach Sharone will work with you and your coach to integrate your training program and the team’s group workouts.
The team will typically have four group workouts per week; two swim sessions, one cycling workout, and one running session. The workouts will be held in or near downtown Chicago and team athletes are expected to attend a majority of the workouts. The team will target several key races at which to showcase the competitiveness of the team’s athletes and promote the team’s sponsors.
The sponsorship arrangements for the 2017 season are currently being finalized and the complete details regarding team uniforms, equipment, cost, and other related items will be provided by December 15th, 2016 as well as the final Well-Fit Elite Program roster. Each athlete is responsible for a $1600 training fee from February – September 2017 that can be paid in full or 8 installments of $200/month. Benefits for elite team athletes include: full membership at the Well-Fit Training Center, day by day training program created by Sharone Aharon on your own free Training Peaks premium account, four coached group workouts per week, one free team uniform and additional perks and discounts from sponsors.
Some team member race highlights between 2011 -2016 include:
- Team title at Leon's Triathlon
- 1st Place at the Duathlon National Championships
- 3rd Age-Group finisher at M40-44 at the ITU World Championships
- 3 Top 10 Age-Group finishes and 3 additional Top-Twenty Age-Group finishes at USAT Age Group National Championships
- 6 Top-Three overall finishes (men and women) at Galena Triathlon
- 6th Place Overall Amateur Female at Ironman Canada
- More than 20 Top Five Age-Group finishes (men and women) at Ironman races in North America
- Multiple qualifiers for ITU World Championships (all distances)
- Multiple Hawaii Ironman qualifiers and finishers (we have had athletes qualify for Kona every year since the inception of the program)
- Multiple Boston Marathon qualifiers
If you are interested in joining the 2017 Well-Fit Elite Team, please complete and submit the following application to Coach Aharon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until December 5, 2016. The team selection will be published on December 15, 2016
Elite 2017 application (4).pdf
Good Luck, and Safe Training.
** Class cost will be refunded 50% if canceled no later than 2 weeks prior to the start date. After 2 weeks there will be NO REFUNDS. Injuries will be dealt with on a case to case basis.