Well-Fit Elite and Elite Development Program
The growth of triathlon has led to an abundance of training programs for the amateur athlete, but group training options are few and far between for top athletes. This is where the concept of the Well-Fit Elite program was born.
Sharone Aharon, an internationally-known coach of world-class triathletes and the founder of Well-Fit Triathlon and Training, serves as head coach of the Well-Fit Elite and Elite Development Program. Coach Sharone recently served as an assistant coach with the USA Triathlon National team, where he experienced the value of the team concept first hand.
The Well-Fit Elite team is now accepting applications for membership on Chicago area’s best elite multi-sport training program. If you are a high-performing Elite or Age-Group athlete looking to train with other advanced level athletes to help you break through plateaus and improve your race results, then the Well-Fit Elite Program is for you. The team will train together from March to September 2014 with regular weekly swim, bike, and run workouts.
The goals of the team are to:
- Dramatically improve team members' race performance through structured group training sessions
- Assist and support younger athletes progressing to compete as Professionals
- Assist and support amateur age-group athletes to help them achieve their racing goals
- Achieve top level race results at selected team races, both in the greater Chicago area and nationally
- Promote the team's sponsors and promote the sport of Triathlon
- Successfully integrate high performance training into the busy lives of age-group triathletes with full-time jobs and family commitments
- Have fun
The team is coached by Sharone Aharon, USAT Level III Elite triathlon coach, whose experience and coaching approach are key components of the team’s success. The other key factor in the team’s success is the group practice format in which high level athletes train together and elevate the performance of the entire team. The team is looking for several new triathletes for the 2014 season, both men and women, within the age range of late teens to mid-40s. While past race results are an important part of the selection process for membership, development potential, enthusiasm, and dedication to the sport, as well as attendance at team workouts, are other key factors.
Athletes who are currently being coached or are members of another triathlon club are encouraged to apply for the program. Coach Sharone will work with you and your coach to integrate your training program and the team’s group workouts.
The team will typically have four group workouts per week; two swim sessions, one cycling workout, and one running session. The workouts will be held in or near downtown Chicago and team athletes are expected to attend a majority of the workouts. The team will target several key races at which to showcase the competitiveness of the team’s athletes and promote the team’s sponsors.
Contributions from sponsors help subsidize the cost of operating the team, reserving pool time, team uniforms and other expenses. In addition to this, each athlete is responsible for a $1050 training fee from March – September 2014 that can be paid in full or 7 installments of $150/month. Benefits for elite team athletes include: full membership at the Well-Fit Training Center, day by day training program created by Sharone Aharon on your own free training peaks premium account, four coached group workouts per week, one free team uniform and additional perks and discounts from sponsors.
Some team member race highlights between 2011 -2013 include:
- Team title at Leon's Triathlon
- 1st Place at the Duathlon National Championships
- 3rd Age-Group finisher at M40-44 at the ITU World Championships
- 3 Top-Ten Age-Group finishes and 3 additional Top-Twenty Age-Group finishes at USAT Age Group National Championships
- 6 Top-Three overall finishes (men and women) at Galena Triathlon
- 6th Place Overall Amateur Female at Ironman Canada
- More than 20 Top-Five Age-Group finishes (men and women) at Ironman races in North America
- Multiple qualifiers for ITU World Championships (all distances)
- Multiple Vegas Ironman 70.3 World Championship qualifiers and finishers
- Multiple Hawaii Ironman qualifiers and finishers
- Multiple Marathon, Triathlon, Xterra, Time Trial, and Cyclocross personal bests
If you are interested in joining the 2014 Well-Fit Elite Team, please complete and submit the following application to Coach Aharon at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until December 2, 2013. The team selection will be published on December 16, 2013.
2014 Well-Fit Elite Team Application.pdf
Good Luck, and Safe Training.